Texas is known as one of the best places to get a masterpiece tattoo in the country. The state’s cities are known for high-end, incredibly talented tattoo artists and award-winning tattoo studios. One such city is San Antonio, where the culture, talent, and expertise of tattooing all come together and mix with the local tradition and the inspiration tattoo artists draw from the Latino culture and art.
So, if you want to get a new tattoo and
you’re somewhere in the San Antonio area, or you live there but aren’t familiar with the tattooing community, this is the best place to start your research. In the following paragraphs, we’ll talk about our favorite tattoo parlors in San Antonio, where you’ll get a masterpiece tattoo and exceptional service.
So, without further ado, here are our criteria for the way we picked out the best parlors, and of course, the main part of the article where we talk about each studio and their services.
How We Selected Our Favorite Tattoo Shops? – Our favorite tattoo shops were selected based on the following criteria;
- Qualifications and experience – award-winning tattoo studios, studios with licensing, and accreditations to prove education, experience, safety, and health-protective measures, as well as other qualifications.
- Reputation – most-visited tattoo studios in San Antonio, with exceptional public and online presence; ratings and comments proving excellent customer service and experience.
- Professionalism – tattoo studios providing a reliable service, judgment-free environment, accepting of everybody (different body types, wheelchairs, etc.).
- Responsiveness and availability – tattoo studios with the best approach to the customers; responsive, approachable, and available staff.
- Service variety – tattoo studios with different service options, from custom tattoos, cover-ups, and touch-ups, to permanent makeup, piercing, and body art or body jewelry options.
Our Top Recommendations For The Best San Antonio Tattoo Studios
- Location: 7218 Blanco Road San Antonio, TX 78216
- Website: https://www.boardwalktattoos.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boardwalktattoos/
- Services: traditional and classic tattoos, custom tattoos and designs, piercings, other services inquiries (like tattoo touch-up and cover-up) upon contacting
Boardwalk Tattoos is one of the best and highest-rated tattoo studios in San Antonio. By offering a variety of tattooing services, the tattoo studio strives to attract a variety of clients. The skilled professionals and high-end tattoo artists at Boardwalk offer excellent tattoo execution, custom tattoo designing, and an overall professional, friendly and comfortable experience throughout the whole process.
At the studio there’s a team of tattoo artists and piercers, so you can ask for body jewelry and piercing services as well. The tattoo artists are experts in a variety of tattoo styles, from traditional and classic tattooing to watercolor, realism, dot-work, line-work, etc.
- Location: 1806 Southwest Loop 410 San Antonio, TX 78227
- Website: https://www.firmecopias.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/firmecopiasempire/
- Services: full custom tattoos, custom designs, tattoo touch-up and cover-up, body piercing and jewelry, walk-ins
Another exceptional, high-end tattoo studio in San Antonio is Firme Copias. This tattoo studio is also one of the highest-rated studios, offering professional tattooing services 7 days a week.
The studio’s customer service is incredible; the staff makes sure you feel completely comfortable and at home while they assist in design customizing, tattoo consultation, and guide you through their services and tattooing/piercing process. Firme Copias is a judgment-free zone, where every single client is welcome, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, body shape and size, etc.
At Firme Copias you can opt for a variety of different tattoo styles. The tattoo artists specialize in customized tattoos, as well as neo-traditional, black & grey, and portrait tattoos. The studio is also open for walk-in tattoos and is generally available to clients throughout the week.
- Location: 918 Oblate Drive San Antonio, TX 78216
- Website: https://www.fortunebrostattoo.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fortunebros/
- Services: full custom tattoos, custom designs, flash tattoos, cover-ups, walk-ins
Fortune Brothers is a tattoo studio founded in 2009 by two highly talented tattoo artists, with over a decade-long experience in the industry. Robert Corso, one of the founders, is now the sole owner of the studio, as he continues the studio’s tradition of high-quality service and exceptional tattooing.
Nowadays, the studio staffs high-end tattoo artists who specialize in different tattooing styles, from traditional Americana style to traditional Japanese tattoos. At this studio, you can also get a cover-up tattoo, or any other tattooing service upon consulting with a tattoo artist.
Overall, Fortune Brothers is a judgment-free zone and a tattoo studio that strives to offer superior customer service. The staff is super friendly and ensures everyone feels welcome and comfortable throughout the whole process.
- Location: 12244 Nacogdoches Road San Antonio, TX 78217
- Website: http://www.inceptiontattoos.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/1313rooster/?hl=en
- Services: full custom tattoos, custom designs, scar tattooing, and nipple tattoo reconstruction for breast cancer survivors, body piercings, and jewelry
The Inception tattoo studio is one of the best places to get tattooed or pierced in San Antonio. However, Inception is more than just a tattoo studio; it is a place where breast cancer survivors can get free nipple tattoo reconstruction. The studio also offers free service to active military services and tries to give back to the community as much as possible.
The staff at the studio comprises highly professional and talented tattoo artists, who have decades of experience in the industry. Inception studio is a judgment-free zone, welcoming of everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, body size, and shape, etc. At this studio, you can get any style of tattoo you want or even opt for a body piercing. The body piercer has over 5 years of experience and uses high-quality jewelry.
At the Inception tattoo studio, an appointment is not necessary and walk-ins are welcome throughout the week, except for Sunday and Monday; those days are reserved for appointments only.
- Location: 3030 Thousand Oaks Drive San Antonio, TX 78247
- Website: http://nostalgicink.weebly.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nostalgicink/
- Services: full custom tattoos, custom designs, cover-ups, touch-ups, walk-ins
Nostalgic Ink is one of the best tattoo studios in San Antonio to get a highly detailed, clean, and realistic custom design. Tattoo artists working at the Nostalgic Ink are highly experienced professionals, with over decade-long careers in the industry. These tattoo artists specialize in a number of different tattoo styles, from classic, neotraditional, realism, portraiture, to contemporary tattoos done using the latest technologies and practices.
The staff at the studio is also super kind and friendly, ensuring you have the best possible experience at the studio. Everyone is committed to making you feel comfortable and go through the tattooing process seamlessly. The studio welcomes walk-ins, but appointments are preferred in case of consultations and detailed tattoos.
Nostalgic Ink is a tattoo studio that offers a fun and relaxing environment to every single client, regardless of their background, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, body shape, and size, etc.
- Location: 2856 Thousand Oaks Drive San Antonio, TX 78232
- Website: https://www.mrluckystattoo.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrluckystattoo/
- Services: full custom tattoos, custom designs, cover-ups, and touch-ups, walk-ins
Mr. Lucky’s Tattoo is one of the best tattoo studios in San Antonio, with a truly high reputation in the industry and local tattoo community. The studio comprises some of the most talented tattoo artists in the state, who specialize in custom designs and a variety of tattoo styles.
The in-house tattoo artists strive to use the latest technology, techniques and follow the latest trends in tattooing. This allows them to stay up-to-date and offer their clients the best experience and well as tattoos.
Needles to say, the studio is super welcoming of all kinds of clients; there is no discrimination, and clients can get tattooed regardless of their race, sex, background, body shape, and size, etc. The staff at the studio will make sure you feel comfortable and at home throughout the whole tattooing process.
To top everything off, the studio welcomes walk-ins and offers free tattoo consultations. Of course, you can also book an appointment for a more detailed approach to your new tattoo.
Other San Antonio Parlors Worth Checking Out
- Dandyland Tattoo & Piercing Shop– If you’re looking to get tattooed or pierced by true professionals, look no further than Dandyland. The in-house tattooists have over 25 years of experience in the industry, specializing in a variety of tattoo styles and the latest trends. The Dandyland piercers are members of the Association of Professional Piercers and they regularly continue their piercing education. The staff is super professional and welcoming, ensuring you’re feeling comfortable and safe.
- Buddha Box Piercing & Tattoos– another tattoo studio with highly experienced tattooists and piercers is the Buddha Box piercing and tattoo studio. With over 30 years of combined experience, this studio offers high-end services, including custom tattooing, body art, and body piercings. The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming, ensuring exceptional experience and guided aftercare. At the studio, you can buy quality designer jewelry (Gorilla Glass, Diablo Organics).
- Adrenaline Tattoo & Piercing– Adrenaline is a great tattoo and piercing studio where you can get high-end traditional Japanese tattoos, or any other tattoo style. The in-house tattoo artists specialize in neo-traditional, fine-line, tribal, and realism tattoos as well. The piercers are also highly experienced and offer body piercings and high-quality jewelry. The overall staff is super friendly and highly professional, striving to offer a comfortable and safe tattoo/piercing experience to every single client.
Hopefully, you’ve liked our top picks and recommendations for the best tattoo studios in San Antonio. Our recommendation was based on the studios’ general reputation, quality of work, quality and range of overall service, and of course, the public ratings, reviews, and our direct insight into their work.
Sure enough, everyone has different preferences when it comes to tattoos, so we tried to include studios that offer a range of services and do different tattoo styles. For more information about each of the studios, their policies/practices, and, of course, appointments, make sure to contact them directly via phone, email, Instagram, etc.